Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Denim Project

A couple weeks ago, I went through my sons' closets. I cleared out all their jeans that had massive holes or were too small. My 9 year-old son had 8 pairs to donate to this project. EIGHT! I stuffed all these cast-offs into my denim bin and could hardly close the lid. I knew it was time to get to work.

BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com -- Denim Project
Babco Unlimited - The Denim Project

With my (good) sewing machine still at the Sewing Machine Hospital, I've been keeping busy with non-sewing machine projects. There are always tons of non sewing projects to work on. Or always a project I can do all the prep work for. However, suddenly all I can think of doing are projects that require a sewing machine! Why is it always like that?

I already have a large pile of 5" squares cut, which started to feel boring. So I decided I needed to find other ways to use up my stash.

After spending some time on pintrest, I've discovered many other denim projects. Here are some of my favorite denim quilts.

BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com -- Denim Project
Image sources clockwise starting top-left: strippy quilt, denim cathedral window, triangle quilt, climbing the walls


It's okay to have lots of ideas...I obviously have a lot of denim to cut up. And with 3 active kids, I think I will always have a supply of old denim.

Linked up with Let's Bee Social here.

No comments:

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg