Wednesday, May 7, 2014

WIP Wednesday #32 - House and Crafts

I have been splitting my time between house projects and quilty projects. I have finally started to quilt my Honey Honey quilt. (About time, I know!) My goal is to have all the quilting done by my Guild Meeting on Saturday. I need to have a finish done as part of our UFO Challenge. I can't believe I'm already going to use my one swap, but this is the closest to finished project I have, so it will do.

The guild set up a UFO Challenge to help us finish out unfinished projects. We had to list 4 projects we wanted to complete this year. We only had to complete 3 of the 4. AND we were allowed one swap out. And I'm using my swap out already as I didn't list Honey Honey on my challenge signup. 

BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Honey Honey Quilt
Honey Honey Quilt
But I have a very good reason for not having other projects further along. I've been working on finishing part of our basement. Last spring while my hubby was away on business, I cleaned out the basement and framed it up. He didn't want to worry about finishing a room...but I wanted more space so I took matter into my own hands. Once I surprised him with a start, he said it looked great but still didn't want to do any more. I finally convinced him we needed it completed. So, these past weeks I've spent hours and hours cleaning out more junk and installing the insulation.

As I write this post, I have a friend doing the drywall for me. 


Hopefully, I can get more sewing in before I have to start painting.

Linked up with Freshly Pieced here.

No comments:

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg