Wednesday, January 22, 2014

WIP Wednesday #29 - Butterflies

I'm still gung ho about about my guild's UFO Challenge
I need need things like this to keep me focused and on task.

One of my goals is to complete my Butterfly quilt.
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Butterfly Quilt Block
Red Butterfly Quilt Block
 I want to finish it in time for the Quilt Show at the Springville Museum of Art in July. I had only 2 blocks completed, so I have a lot of work ahead of me. 

But look what I've been doing!
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Butterfly Quilt Block



Oh, I just love them! I really, really do. I know I should be all modest and all, but I just love showing them off.  Each time I finish a block, I have to interrupt my husband to show it to him. And now I'm showing them off to you all. 

I really have to take my time on each block: I can't just whip them together. These blocks require y-seams, which I had never done before this project. Even still, I am having fun.

MK is keeping a close eye on this project as she knows this is for her.
She has asked for more pink butterflies. I'll see what I can do.

BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Butterfly Quilt Block
MK and the Butterfly Quilt Blocks

Linked up to Sew Fresh Quilts here.
Linked up to Freshly Pieced here.


15 comments:

Allison said...

Those are some sweet butterfly blocks! And so is their admirer! She sure looks happy! I am working on a Y seam project too.

Allison said...

These are so intricate. I love the springville art museum quilt show, I'll look for this!

Allison said...

I can see why you are hooked on these butterflies! They are pretty special to look at! What pattern did you use may I ask?

Your kiddos are precious too btw;)

Allison said...

that is so sweet that she is watching the progress and anxiously awaiting her own quilt <3 Moments like that are so special!

Stopping by from Lee's hop
http://www.domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2014/01/wip-wednesday-jan-22nd.html

Allison said...

Hi Lorna - Thanks so much. Loving the quilt and love my girl. I was totally intimidated by the Y-seams when I first looked at this project, but it really isn't difficult. I'm so glad I didn't let it scare me away from this project.

Allison said...

Hi Wendi - Oh, I love the Springville Art Museum Quilt Show, too! Are you going to enter anything?

Allison said...

Hi Sara - Thanks so much. I love looking at the butterflies and seeing my progress. And I think my kiddies are precious, too. =)


I found the pattern in a book titled "Fancy to Frugal: Authentic Quilt Patterns from the '30s." I saw the butterflies and had to get it for my daughter who LOVES butterflies. It's rare to find pieced butterflies--most are appliqué.

Allison said...

Hi Tanyia - I know what you mean. When I saw her standing in front of it staring at it I had to snap a pic. But of course she has to turn toward the camera--she's five and will ham it up every time. Thanks for stopping by!

Allison said...

OMGosh. I've never seen that block before. It's gorgeous. You absolutely must finish this.

Allison said...

Thank you so much. And that is the exact reaction I had when I first found this pattern. I've committed to 2 different guilds I'd have this done by this summer...so the race is on!

Allison said...

Enjoy the race!

Allison said...

These are gorgeous! Thanks for showing them off to us -- well done!

Allison said...

Very pretty butterflies! This is going to be a beautiful quilt!

Allison said...

Hi Kendra -- Thanks so much. I really love them, too.

Allison said...

Hi CeLynn - Thank you! I have high hopes for this quilt.

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg