Saturday, December 14, 2013

Books that Keep Me Up All Night

I stayed up WAY late last night to finish a book. Technically, it was early this morning when I finally turned off my light to sleep. But I just HAD to know how it all ended. I was so close to finishing. If I had stopped and tried to sleep, I would have just laid there while my brain still tried to figure out how it ended. Instead, I just kept reading. 

 
It has been a while since I found a book that pulled me that much.
The Harry Potter books did it.
Every time Ilona Andrews releases a new book, I've learned to just block out the day (and night.) 

Last night, it was the final book in the Healer series by Maria V. Snyder to be released Dec 31.

find them here
The first book starts with Avry of Kazan, a healer, the LAST healer. She is hunted and despised for her gift even by those she heals. Healers are accused of spreading the plague that decimated millions, leaving the survivors in complete chaos with no clear leadership or laws. Tired of running and hiding for three years, Avry is abducted by a band of rogues who actually value her gift and want her to heal a plague-stricken prince—the very man who led the campaign against her people making him responsible for the decimation of all the healers! The leader of the band of rogues, Kerrick, won’t take no for an answer. Avry learns more about the politics involved while she is chased by mercenaries, magical dangers, and more. Now she needs to decide what side she will choose and if it’s worth dying for, because one thing is certain—healing the plague is a death sentence for her. The plague cannot be cured. And every time Avry heals someone, she assumes their injuries.

The series continues with Avry and friends trying to stop the wars and bring peace and health back to their realm. I love the banter between Avry and band of merry friends. The storyline is engaging, the writing smooth, the magic defined, and the danger real. 

Now I'm having a book hangover.

I have a rather large TBR (To Be Read) pile, yet I can't settle on anything yet. I am so tempted to just pick up book 1 again and start it all over again. I'm not ready to say goodbye to it.

What books keep you up at night?




No comments:

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg