Wednesday, November 20, 2013

WIP Wednesday #25 -- Working on my UFO's

Last week, I really took a look at all my UFOs piling up. So many had been abandoned! I set a goal to work on three that week. I'm proud to say I did keep my goal.  Even if I didn't finish three UFOs, I did work on three UFO's.

  • First, I finished piecing my Honey Honey quilt. Yay!  (Check that one off my UFO list!)


  • Second, I worked on my Fractured Flower Quilt.  

I didn't get very far. I'm mad at it again. Honestly, I'm debating on putting it in "Time Out" again. Then I argue with myself "but I'm so close!"  All that truly remains is sewing my rows together and adding a border. Then it will be ready to quilt.

The reason this has been just sitting around for months is because it's not perfect. This is very hard for the mathematician in me. The math is correct, but my execution of it wasn't. Ugh! I know where I went wrong, and am kicking myself for the mistake. But oh well! Can only move forward. 

Here, you can see I've sewed row 1 (a corner piece) onto row 2:
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Fractured Flower Quilt
Fractured Flower Quilt

I have to unpick this because I just CANNOT live with something like this. It will bug me to no end, making it so I never want to see this quilt and embarrassed for anyone to see it. 
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Fractured Flower Quilt
Fractured Flower Quilt

But, I am working on it.

  • Third, I've prepped a LOT of fabric for my Old Italian Block. (Yes, I know I originally planned on working on a different UFO, but I needed something fun to work on.)

Right now I have 166 fabric squares cut. 
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Old Italian Quilt
Old Italian Quilt

And more fabric I've purchased at local quilt shops as well as an order from Hancock's of Paducah. 
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Old Italian Quilt
 

I'm keeping to a schedule. 

Linked up to Freshly Pieced here.


2 comments:

Allison said...

That quilt is going to be stunning- and I totally understand your need to pick apart that one small mistake! It would drive me batty, too. Good luck!

Allison said...

Hi Samantha,


Thanks so much. I need all the luck I can get with this project. I am getting anxious to get it done and completed.

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg