Wednesday, September 18, 2013

WIP Wednesday #20

I haven't been able to do much sewing this week. I've actually had to go do that pesky thing called "work."  Last night, after the kidlets went to bed, I managed to finish up all my blocks for my fractured flower quilt
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Fractured Flower Quilt
Fractured Flower Quilt
They are just waiting to be ironed. Have I mentioned I hate ironing seams open? Yes, I believe I have.
Once I press the seams open, I can then start to sew my rows. 

I'm glad I put this quilt in "Time Out" because I can revisit it now that I'm no longer mad at it. I'm actually happy to work on this quilt now instead of dreading it. 

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Your blocks look amazing - and I hate ironing seams open too!

Serena @ Sewgiving said...

Wow those blocks are really effective! I'm glad they are out of time-out as this is the first time I've seen them :)

Nancy said...

Wow, these blocks are amazing! I sometimes press seams open, too, and it is a hassle, but I think (and hope) open seams might be easier to hand quilt than pressed to one side. I haven't tried it yet, though, so we'll see.

I like your idea of time out for difficult blocks.

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg