Wednesday, August 21, 2013

WIP Wednesday #16 - Another Snowflake Hexie Block

Another Snowflake Block.
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Snowflake Hexie Block
Again, I wasn't really sure if I would like this color sequence. But when I put it up next to the other blocks, I think it looks great. 
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Snowflake Hexie Block


I have an idea about what I want to do with these blocks. It's still mulling around in my head.  I have these blocks up on my mini-design wall which sits on top of the piano. I can see it each night at dinner.  As I was eating last night an idea hit me about a design and a border. I tried to explain it to R, but he just didn't understand why I would want to change up the block. Well--Because! That's why! 

I'll try to work some more on it this coming week AFTER THE KIDS GO BACK TO SCHOOL!
(Holy Moly! School starts tomorrow!)
I'm excited to work on this project some more and see where it takes me.

Linked up at Quiet Play here.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh nice!! Like stain glass!!
Please remove the character recognition!! Nobody gets it in one shot and it stops people from leaving comments on your beautiful work!!

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Love the block! It looks just great!

Enjoy your time once the kids are back at school!

Lorna McMahon said...

Those blocks are amazing! Just beautiful. Can't wait to see your idea for them take shape!

Allison said...

Thank you, ladies.

I really love how these are turning out.

Allison said...

@ lattegirl40 - thanks for the suggestion about the comment character recognition. I hadn't even realized I still had it on. I've turn it off, because you are right--they are annoying. Thanks for stopping by.

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg