Wednesday, May 29, 2013

WIP Wednesday #8 - Rose Quilt Block

This is what I did this week. 
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Flower Quilt Block, Paper Piece Flower Quilt
Rosie's Rose

I've made this for the Utah QuiltFest "Save the Boobies" Fundraiser. You buy a fat eighth from the Quilt Guild and then create a 12" (Finished) block flower incorporating the fabric and any other fabric you choose. I found this pattern  called Rosie's Rose on Craftsy.com.  At QuiltFest, everyone's blocks are displayed. Then you can buy tickets to vote for your favorite block. (Prizes for winners.) Blocks are eventually made into quilts and other items and donated to a women's cancer center in southern Utah. This will be my 3rd year attending QuiltFest and I'm finally doing a block. 

I'm really happy with how this block turned out. I really want to make more of these for me.  


No comments:

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg