Wednesday, April 17, 2013

WIP Wednesday #5 - Framing the Basement

What have I been working on lately? No, I haven't had time for quilting because I have been doing this:
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Basement
 
BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Basement
 

While R was in Australia I cleaned out the basement and framed  it up with the help of my dad. Okay, let's be real about this. My dad was the main muscle here and I was his minion. We were able to frame up the entire area in 1-1/2 days. My dad is part machine, part man. After working for 9 hours my body just gave out. I couldn't do it anymore. I could barely hammer anymore. My mom and I had to convince my dad to stop for the day. I was SO sore! He came back 2 days later, and it only took us 3 hours to finish up the rest.

Before we framed, I spent 2-3 days cleaning up all the junk we dumped downstairs. After we framed, I spent another day organizing. I've also made 2 trips to DI, 1 trip to Habitat for Humanity, 1 trip to Kid to Kid, and had a pick up from Friends of MS

I didn't tell R I was doing this. He had no idea. Once he was home I had MK tell him I needed his help with something downstairs. He came through the door and his jaw hit the floor. 

Next step is to frame around the ducting, then do the electrical and mechanical. I do bookkeeping for a drywaller. I've told him not to pay my current bill as I will want to trade it out.  Woo-Hoo!

No comments:

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg