Monday, October 15, 2012

Animal Pillows


BabcoUnlimited.blogspot.com - Pillow Pets
Elephant, Hippopotamus, Zebra

I found this cute pattern at a Quilt shop in Gardner Village called Pine Needles. The pattern included an elephant, a hippo, and a giraffe. I couldn't resist. The pattern had been sitting in my ever growing pile of projects until MK was invited to a birthday party this summer for her really good friend.

I decided to make MK and her friend the elephant.  It went over REALLY well. I found out that the birthday girls' older sister was turning 10 a few weeks later and asked her mom if she could invite ME to the birthday party so I would make her an elephant, too.

After I finished up MK's elephant, I let the boys pick out what they wanted. C wanted a zebra. I found minky in zebra print! Score! S wanted a purple hippo. My mom taught me how to put a zipper on it so we can unzip the pillow if we need to (and with stinky boys that is a necessity.)

I'm so pleased with how they turned out.

MK sleeps with hers. She flips up the elephant trunk to lay on it. The boys have been seen snuggling with theirs each night, too.

No comments:

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg