Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Festivus Miracle!

This morning R was a wonderful hubby and got up with MK who wakes up at 7:50am like clockwork. He brought her into bed with us, and she snuggled with him for about 15-20 minutes before I realized she was there. I then got up and did the morning routine with the kids getting them breakfast and ready for our day. Then C and S proceeded to do what all kids do this time of year when school is out, candy is in abundance, and excitement is in the air: They drove me absolutely insane! (i.e. fighting, whining, complaining, arguing, etc.) Finally, I had had enough. I sent C to their room and S to sit on the couch. I went into the bedroom to get a sweater so we can go deliver some Holiday Cheer (not sure where I was going to get some Cheer since I was in short supply.) R looked up at me when I came into the room, and I said "I'm done." I put on my sweater and realized something was in the pocket. I reached inside and pulled out 5 peppermint patties. Now, you have to understand that peppermint patties are my absolute favorite--I can eat them all day, everyday without end, forever and ever, amen. I looked at R and asked him if he had done that. "No," he said. "It's a Festivus Miracle!" I laughed: It was a Festivus Miracle. I ate my peppermint patties and went out to hug my kids. We bundled up and went out to deliver some Holiday Cheer....that and the SandArt Brownies we made for them.

No comments:

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg