Wednesday, August 19, 2009

1st Day of School

Today, C started 1st grade. He has been SO excited. He has been most excited about 2 recesses and having lunch at school. Here he is just before school. He was squinty-eyed from the light outside.
C's first day of 1st Grade
While I was loading MK into the car, C took his bike for a ride. We'll walk/bike to school most mornings before the snow flies, but I didn't want to do it on the first morning. I had several errands to run once I dropped him off.
C's first day of 1st Grade
We walked C into his new classroom and got him all settled. We found his desk and cubby. He gets to sit by one of his good friends, too.
C's first day of 1st Grade
I had to laugh when my friend who's son sits next to C told me at the classroom door that she already warned the teacher that those two are used to playing together and can easily get out of hand. (Good thing they sit right in front of the classroom.) This has been the story of C's life since we moved here and found 3 other boys his age. They've been making life interesting for Nursery Leaders, Primary teachers, and School Teachers ever since.

I have to admit, it was pretty quite this morning while C was away. S enjoyed being able to sit next to MK in the car and to play the wii by himself. I think I'm going to enjoy this, especially once S starts preschool again. =)

No comments:

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg