Thursday, July 30, 2009

C's Birthday Party

Birthday Week has officially begun!

Yes, tomorrow is C's birthday, but I have to work tomorrow so we started celebrations today. C has been telling me for weeks now that he wanted to have pancakes with a candle on it for his birthday breakfast (and he uses hand gestures to make sure I understand that it's on top of the pancake.) So, this morning he started of his 2-day birthday celebration with a pancake breakfast.

C's Birthday
Then, we had friends over for a birthday party. We pulled out our pool and had a water party. We have gotten so much mileage out of that little pool. Thanks Mimi! Here's S helping as I'm filling it up.
Birthday Party
They played in our little pool and popped balloons. Their favorite thing to do today was to pop balloons on the grass. Go figure. Here are all the boys.
Birthday Party
Grandma came by for a little bit to wish C a happy birthday and check out all the commotion.
C and Grandma
It was a FUN party--but man was I exhausted when it was all said and done. I pushed myself to clean it all up, telling myself that I could sit down for a little bit when it was all cleaned up. (There was water, cupcakes, balloon corpses everywhere!) The boys and I (well, me really) finally got it all cleaned up, and I grabbed a lemonade and sat down to rest. I started hearing MK in the kitchen and sent C to check it out. This is what we found.

MK playing in the Cheerios
Yup--she was hungry and wanted some cheerios. Do you think she got enough? She was quite pleased with herself.

MK playing in the Cheerios
She was kicking her legs around to move the cheerios around and giggling. She made little "cheerio angels" with her legs. And you can see the necklace she put on herself, too. She'll find the boys old glow stick necklace or necklaces I have in my bed side drawer and put them on. She gets mad when we take them off her.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

a mom's work is never done ... ever! Score for MK, though. She sure looks happy about her conquest! Love the accessory.

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg