Monday, February 23, 2009

Oh Deer!

Just about every day this past week, I've seen deer outside our house. We live at the edge of town with our yard backing up to the mountain and a LARGE field. I was able to get some great photos of the deer. You can see this deer hanging out in our backyard.
 
And here's a whole herd of deer in the field just next to our house.

 
This picture reminds me of when we first moved here; Seeing deer was a novelty then. We moved here in August, and R came home one night in November all excited to have C come out and see the deer in our yard. C was only 2 and still in diapers--he had on his diaper, a t-shirt, and socks. S was only a couple months old and just in a onesie. I told R I needed to pants on C, but R said he was just going to have him come out and see the deer real quickly and then come right back inside. I went out with them, carrying S. I didn't know that the door was going to lock behind us. Next thing we know, we are locked out of the house on a snowy November evening. I'm in a long-sleeved shirt, holding a baby in a onesie in one hand and my other hand is holding hands with a 2 year-old without pants. This is one of my stellar mothering moments.

***UPDATE***
Yeah, I should have mentioned that we were only locked out for about a half an hour. Long enough for R to run across the street and ask our neighbor for help. Our neighbor loaned us a credit card that R used to jimmy open the side door to the garage. We replaced all our locks after that experience seeing how easy it was to break into our own house.

2 comments:

Jilene said...

That's a funny story! Madeline is having teeth pulled because her "adult" teeth are too big for her mouth, so the dentist is making room for the others to come in...That's what he tells me anyway. I think I'm just putting food on his table in this economy! :-)

Stephanie said...

That's hilarious! How long were you guys locked out of the house?

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg