Saturday, October 18, 2008

How was your day?

Yesterday, I had a TON of things I needed to get done. I had to leave the house by 8:50 to make it to a S's doctor's appointment to follow up on his eye. I rushed around that morning, grabbing this and that, then ran out to the car to start loading us all in when I found this......
Flat Tire
I wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. Thankfully, I was able to reschedule S's doctor's appointment to later that morning. We waited for AAA to come and change our flat tire, then set out on our day.

This is not how I wanted to start my day. I decided to change my day's game plan and turn my day from being a stress-filled day that started with a flat tire, to a day that the boys and I took off that started with an adventure where AAA changed our tire. We still did run a few needed errands (which now included a trip to Bio-O to fix our flat tire.)

We went to my good friend Rachel's house to spend the afternoon playing and visiting. My dad and Rachel's dad were at college together. C was astonished to find out that Rachel and I have know each other since I was MK's age. Rachel and I visited and chatted while she canned mountains of fruit. C and S played in the back yard with Rachel's boy who is only a month older than C. I snapped a fun picture with Rachel and the boys as they helped her in the garden to dig up potatoes.

 Gardening
We came home late and tired. The rest of the night I sat in a chair with MK and read, taking no thought of household clean-up. I told R that I felt like I took the day (or part of the day) off.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Uggh! A flat tire on a crazy morning? Fun. I guess it takes flat tires to slow us down a bit, eh?

Sounds like fun visiting with Rachael. It IS fun to think of how long you two have known each other. Probably played together in nursery!

Marie said...

Way to turn a negative into a positive and make good memories.

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg