Thursday, August 28, 2008

Starting School

School has started!

C started Kindergarten on Wednesday. He was so excited. I can't believe he's old enough to be in Kindergarten....nor that I'm old enough to have a child in Kindergarten. He met his new teacher the week before. Last year, he didn't want to leave preschool until a preschool buddy told him that there is a playground at Kindergarten. After that, he was excited to go. He's making new friends and learning new stories.

C first day of Kindergarten
Here is C, sporting new school clothes and wearing his favorite backpack ready to go.
Today, S started Preschool. Here he is posing with his big brother for his big day.

C and S
S has been looking forward to preschool for so long! He had a hard time last year when C would leave him. In fact, C was the one to "register" S for preschool! One day last year, I stayed after preschool to talk to his teacher to see about when she was doing sign-ups for the following year. Before I could say anything more, she told me that C had told her "Next year, I'm going to Kindergarten, and S is going to Preschool." So, she already had his name down for the following year! What a great big brother.

Here is S all ready for his first day of preschool--sporting his new backpack (as big as he is) and showing off his "show and tell" item.
S first day of Preschool
S was running to preschool. We had no problems with separation anxiety or anything. Gotta love that!
S off to Preschool
I enjoyed the morning by running errands that I've put off too long, which were so much easier to handle with only 1 kid in tow. MK was great.

We have struggled in getting S potty trained in time for preschool. He has been able to do it for quite a while, but just didn't care to. I didn't make it easier--I was always so tired to really commit to it myself, then had a baby, so didn't care to spend time doing it. But we finally found what would really motivate S to do it--Preschool. As soon as we told him that he couldn't go to preschool unless he used the potty, he has been great! Nice.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

LOVE IT! It's kinda surreal when your child starts Kindergarten. I register T in February for Kindergarten. It doesn't seem possible. Love the pictures of the boys wearing their backpacks.

Peer pressure was GREAT when it came to potty training. Seriously. I guess that's ONE good thing about peer pressure.

Jilene said...

so cute!!! I too can't believe our kids are old enough for school! Send me an email, I still don't know your baby girls name!!!! :-)

Marie said...

I, too, can't believe these boys are old enough. Where does the time go. Love the back shot of S with his backpack.

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg